Great transformational leaders have many traits and characteristics in common:
- They see the big picture and the relationships between market, organizational, human, and cultural dynamics.
- They see interdependencies, cause-and-effect relationships, delayed consequences, and distant impacts of local actions that others miss.
- They navigate complexity well. They can see the roadmap for solving complex challenges that create new possibilities.
- They relate and connect to people in authentic ways.
- They engage others, communicate and listen deeply, and ignite the passions and motivations of those around them.
Our organizations, and the world, need great transformational leaders. How do we develop them? It all starts with self-mastery.